Friday, March 29, 2013

Steampunk tag

Here is a tag that I made using another wonderful image from the blog Crafty Moments, this one is labeled simply as "Steampunk Lady".  I had grabbed this image and the Steampunk Mary when working on the thank you easel card but decided to go with the Mary image.  However, I loved this one so much that I had to do a project just to show it off.  Again the image came colored and non-colored and I took the non-colored then used the colored as an example to color with my Polychromos pencils.  The clock inside was a free clip from the internet to which I added some colors to bring it out and the gears are from the Tim Holtz die "Gadget Gears".  I don't know where the bling came from as it was an extra in an ebay buy and had no label.  The yarn is from my stash (which no longer has a label and I am afraid I don't remember - do know I got it from Michaels though).

Here is the front of the tag.


Here is a closeup of the lady and the gear.


An even closer closeup.

And here is the back.  I don't like leaving backs blank.  I read this quote from Edgar Allan Poe and absolutely loved it - seemed to me to go so well with the image.  It reads:

"She has halls and she has castles and the resonant Steam-Eagles follow far on the directing of her floating dove-like hand" - Edgar Allan Poe

No idea what Steam-Eagles is supposed to mean but I just love it!


1 comment: